Application for London International Guitar Competition 2019 is now open!
Rules and Conditions
Contestants, Eligibility and Application:
– Applicants must be no older than 30 years at the time of registration
– Applicants must have access to the internet
– Entry period for application and the first online round ends on 20th September 2019 at 10am (BST, i.e. UK local time).
– The Semi-Final will be held on Friday, 25 October in London, and the Final will be held at Kings Place, London on Saturday, 26 October beginning at 5:00 pm.
Contestants must ensure they are available on these dates before applying.
To apply please e-mail email@example.com with subject line to include your name and ‘LIGC 2019’
You must include the following items:
a.) CV in English, one A4 page only
b.) Copy/scan of passport photo page
c.) Two good recent, high-resolution photos
d.) The YouTube link to your performance of the set audition repertoire which is
Léo Brouwer – Danza Característica
Celebrating Léo Brouwer’s 80th birthday
S.L. Weiss – Fantasie in C minor (Prague 1719), [also acceptable to play an arrangement in D minor]
Requirements for the video submission:
– At the start of the video you must verbally announce your full name and the names of the pieces, and state that the video is your entry for the London International Guitar Competition 2019
– The title of the video must be London International Guitar Competition 2019 and your name, e.g London International Guitar Competition 2018 – John Smith
– In the description you must give the programme details, i.e. the name(s) of the piece(s) and and the composer for each
– Failure to follow these instructions may make your application invalid.Top of Form
Your video recording should be taken in one take and should not be edited at all. The quality of the video must be adequate, audibly and visually, for the judges to be able to make an informed decision. At all times in the video the contestant must be visible to ensure that the video and performance is authentic. Any videos deemed to be dubbed or false will not be accepted and London International Guitar Competition reserves the right to disqualify said applicants.
e.) The registration fee of £100, to be paid via the button below – you must submit in your application your PayPal transaction number as proof of payment.
Applicants must adhere to all requirements of the application process. Upon receipt of a valid application and payment of the £100 registration fee, contestants will receive a confirmation email notifying them of their acceptance into the competition.Bottom of Form
Disclaimer: All personal information will be kept safe and will not be used for any other purpose than to determine eligibility for the competition. However, contestants give authorisation for their name, images and videos to be used as part of International Guitar Foundation and London International Guitar Competition’s publicity.