The next edition of London International Guitar Competition is planned for 2023. Please check back in 2023 for updates.
Rules and Conditions
Eligibility and Application:
– Applicants must be no older than 30 years at the time of registration
– Applicants must have access to the internet
– The first round takes place online and consists of the contestant uploading a video to YouTube of a performance of the set pieces. Upon application contestants must supply the URL link to their video which will be uploaded to the London International Guitar Competition Facebook page and YouTube channel. These actions must be completed before the specified Round 1 closing date and time. The expert jury will award the first five places for the Semi-Final, and the sixth place will be awarded to the video with the most likes on the London International Guitar Competition Facebook page.
– The semi-finalists will be announced on a specified date, and these contestants will be sent the new set solo guitar piece which must be prepared for the Semi-Final.
– The Semi-Final will be held in London, and the Final will be held on the following day. Contestants must ensure they are available on the specified dates before applying. If any venues or locations of the events are changed, contestants will be notified at least one month in advance.
– For the Semi-Final, successful contestants will perform a 20-minute recital which will include the set piece. The rest of the 20-minute recital is free choice.
– For the Final, the successful three contestants will perform a free choice 20-minute recital which should not include repertoire played in the Semi-Final.
– London International Guitar Competition will arrange and pay for accommodation in London for two nights, however we do not cover travel expenses.
Applicants must adhere to all requirements of the application process. Upon receipt of a valid application and payment of the £100 registration fee, contestants will receive a confirmation email notifying them of their acceptance into the competition.
All personal information will be kept safe and will not be used for any other purpose than to determine eligibility for the competition. However, contestants give authorisation for their name, images and videos to be used as part of International Guitar Foundation and London International Guitar Competition’s publicity.